Saturday, January 30, 2016

Within


Meet me atop a mountain 
and you will see within 
the deepest trenches of my heart,
Of my self
My darkest parts on display,
I am an open wound
But you see past that
Past all the scars,
into my very core
And I condone you,
for it is hard to see through all the fog
There was once a brick wall,
but it has been knocked down over time,
brick by brick 
and I am left bare.

The feeling of freedom 
courses through my veins 
as I overlook the vast landscape 
the universe has laid out before me
And I don't want this feeling to leave my bones 
for all of eternity
For now, I'm back on solid ground
However,
my soul is still atop that mountain
amongst the clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is Beautiful 2016

Oh god, no statement is more real, more raw, more true. Life is truly so beautiful.  Whether it's at home cooking dinner with a gla...