Sunday, January 3, 2016

2016 Resolutions Intentions

I love beginnings. Fresh starts. Clean slates. New years. There's just something about beginning again that holds so much promise. You're the same person, you just have the chance to start anew. I love that.

At the end of each year, I write out my resolutions for the year to come. This year is no different; except that it is. Just slightly. Because there's nothing I feel that need to "resolve." I know who I am, and where I'm going, for the most part.

So this year, instead of labeling them resolutions, I'm calling them my intentions. I've listed them below, written as if I'm writing to myself. I hope you have a few resolutions, or intentions of your own this year.

Enjoy and Happy New Year! May 2016 be everything you intend it to be. xoxo



2016 Intentions

1. Pour yourself into your writing. Write constantly, ferociously and as often as possible. It will set you free.

2. Have more confidence in yourself, in your work, in your talents. You are so much more than you give yourself credit for. 

3. Take care of yourself. Emotionally, physically, mentally, spiritually. YOU are your first priority.

4. Explore. Venture out. Wander endlessly. See the world. Don't stop feeding your hunger for adventure.

5. Always remember how strong you are. Take a second and recall how you've made it this far. That counts for something.

6. It's okay to be selfish, and it's okay to be selfless. Work on finding and understanding the balance between the two.   

7. Stop apologizing for who you are. The word "sorry" won't do any good when accompanied by the qualities that make up YOU. 

1 comment:

  1. Melanie, your amazing!!!! And I know that you can accomplish these goals if you try. Even if we have to keep reminding you that you are your own person, and not to forget that!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Life is Beautiful 2016

Oh god, no statement is more real, more raw, more true. Life is truly so beautiful.  Whether it's at home cooking dinner with a gla...