Saturday, January 23, 2016

The Mountains are Always a Good Idea

This is one of my many life motto's, and the one I chose to go with this past Monday, as I drove up to Zion National Park with my friend, Robert. We hadn't decided on a trail until we were driving into the park. I started to mention Angel's Landing and he was already responding with, "Let's do it," before I had finished my sentence. It was the best decision. 

Three hours later, as I stood at the top of Angel's Landing, overlooking all that I could see of Zion, I was at peace. The amount of content that I felt in that moment is one that will continue to resonate with me. Everything that had happened in my life up to that point was cast aside to make room for this one moment. And god, was it incredible. 

Everything was covered in snow, and the sun was just peeking out enough to make her appearance at the horizon. The mountains looked as if they could go on forever and cars along the highway seemed as if they were small ants, just inching along. I can close my eyes and still feel the cold wind on my face, accompanied by the five minutes worth of little snow sprinkles we received while up top. 

Angel's Landing was the hardest, most rewarding hike I've done yet, and I've spent the last week day dreaming about being back atop that mountain. 

Have a beautiful weekend lovelies! xoxo  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is Beautiful 2016

Oh god, no statement is more real, more raw, more true. Life is truly so beautiful.  Whether it's at home cooking dinner with a gla...