Monday, December 8, 2014

Happiness

I'm currently in the process of rediscovering my happiness, because I lost it for a while, or maybe I misplaced it. Either or, it's been absent. I'm well aware that it can happen to anyone, just didn't think it'd be me. But life has a way of surprising us all, whether positively or negatively.

I've come to this recent realization that my happiness must come from within, and it must be my first priority. It isn't something that someone can create for me. Happiness is a choice. And the only way another person can have power over my happiness is if I allow them to.

So I'm going to start creating my own happiness, starting with my own simple pleasures. I will choose to drink coffee whenever I damn well please, spend my Sunday swaddled up in my blankets with Netflix as my only company, get lost in a novel to the point where I forget to eat, laugh uncontrollably at something no one else seems to find the least bit funny, or drive around the city if not only to listen to good music, but just for the joy the drive brings. Each of these, and countless more bring a small smile to my face.

I desire to be that girl who all think is smiling for no reason; but in reality, it's just because she's happy. And it's not anyone's doing but her own. That simple statement is what will make all the difference between yesterday and today.

4 comments:

  1. You're amazing & don't you EVER forget that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so SO much. You made my day <3

      Delete
    2. You have always been amazing. ..

      Delete
    3. You do you!! And don't you let ANYONE make you forget that!! I look UP to you!! I love you big sis!!

      Delete

Life is Beautiful 2016

Oh god, no statement is more real, more raw, more true. Life is truly so beautiful.  Whether it's at home cooking dinner with a gla...