Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Zion National Park - The Narrows

The amount of calm that washes over me when I am surrounded by nature is astounding. Every stress I have is relinquished to the trees, the fresh air, and the water rushing beneath my feet. The more time I spend outside, the happier I feel. This warmth starts in my chest and only blossoms more and more as my time spent enjoying Mother Nature increases. And by the time I head home, I feel so much lighter. More free.

Over the weekend, I found myself at Zion National Park, hiking the Narrows, with my boyfriend and my sisters, and my sister's girlfriend. I spent most of my Saturday surrounded by fresh river water, towering canyon walls, and other hikers all enjoying the beauty that the earth has to offer.  

The Narrows is a hike up the Virgin River that flows through a gorge within the park. It's a 13 mile hike in it's entirety, but you can turn around at anytime and hike back down to where you started your trek up. It's a beautiful hike, to say the least. You're in water 95% of the time. During Summer, refreshing is the most accurate word I can use to describe this hike. It's been 3 days and I already wish I was back in that water, and not sitting at my desk, trying to work.

So until I find myself in some fresh water again, I'll be reliving this past Saturday through these pictures. If there's one thing I can suggest for this Summer, Go Outside. You won't regret it.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is Beautiful 2016

Oh god, no statement is more real, more raw, more true. Life is truly so beautiful.  Whether it's at home cooking dinner with a gla...