Sunday, July 17, 2016

Fire


Within my chest is a mixture of fire and ash
So much of these flames are your doing
And I thank you for them
I wouldn't be who I am without their presence
There are times when they consume me
And I'm not one to complain
Because I always find my way out of the flames
No matter the amount of time it takes
Sometimes I need to be immersed in them 
They remind me why I still fight
Why I never give in and let the negativity of the world 
take me under
Within my chest is a mixture of fire and ash
So much of these flames are your doing
Grandma,
I thank you for them.


This one's for you Grandma. A small description of the impact you made on my life. You're a part of me, every day, and I'll miss you always.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is Beautiful 2016

Oh god, no statement is more real, more raw, more true. Life is truly so beautiful.  Whether it's at home cooking dinner with a gla...