Thursday, February 18, 2016

7 Hour Drive

There's something about driving through the desert alone that gives you a different perspective. I'm one of those people who loves to be reminded that they're a part of something so much bigger, and the desert is something that reminds me of that. It opens your eyes to just how much is out there beyond your comfort zone. Especially when you're driving through it for 7 hours. Your mind tends to wander a bit. From that book you keep meaning to finish, but forget about, to that friend you know you need to reach out to because it's been just a little too long, to everything you're planning to accomplish in the year to come. 7 hours can be a long time, but I've got enough going on up here to keep me busy. Not to mention, the killer road trip playlist that I sing my heart out to throughout the entire drive keeps me preoccupied as well.

I drove up to Reno last Thursday to surprise my best friend, Wendy, for her birthday. She had no idea that I was coming, and her boyfriend, Jason, had been helping me plan it for over a month. I had already known that the weekend would be great! But I failed to realize just how much Wendy and I both, had needed this. The weekend was lovely in all of it's entirety, from Wendy showing me around Reno, to all 3 of us going to explore Lake Tahoe. From the girl time spent drinking wine and binge watching Netflix, to the time spent alone on my drive there and home. It was nice to slow down for a minute and just take in all the goodness going on around me. Just enjoy time spent with my best friend in a beautiful place. The happiness I felt driving home, and continue to feel as I write this is one I'll be holding onto tightly. 

Below are some pictures from my trip. Enjoy! xoxo



 













PC: Jason







PC: Wendy

PC: Jason

PC: Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is Beautiful 2016

Oh god, no statement is more real, more raw, more true. Life is truly so beautiful.  Whether it's at home cooking dinner with a gla...