Sunday, February 8, 2015

Something for Yourself

Journal entry from February 1, 2015

When was the last time you did something, just for you? I mean something that you did with no other intention but to bring joy to yourself.

I think about this as I sit by a window, at The Beat, a downtown coffee shop that I've come to love. I am surrounded by the company of my journals, my coffee, and this delicious chocolate muffin that I should regret, but don't. I look around at my fellow coffee drinkers, with their open books, laptops, or friend with whom they're conversing and smile to myself as I feel a calmness come over me.

Times like these, I enjoy being alone with my thoughts and my writing. It slows me down. It reminds me to stop, take a look around and breathe every once in a while. Life is beautiful, it really is. Even when it's a mess.

So as I sit here listening to some great music, courtesy of The Beat, and continue to attempt to put my thoughts onto paper, I am not thinking about how I really shouldn't take another bite of this chocolate muffin, or how tomorrow is yet another Monday.

I am scrawling my pen across the page, feeling the words come easier as my thoughts become more clear. I am enjoying this cup of coffee as it glides across my taste buds and makes them do a little cheer, "Yay for good coffee!" I am dancing in my chair to this really good song that's playing. I am looking out the window at passersby and wondering how their Sunday is going for them. Lastly, I am enjoying this moment. On this Sunday morning. Doing a little something for me.



1 comment:

  1. You go girl!! That actually sounds refreshing, just to sit and relax, and just do something for you for a change. Just listening to music, and writing down your thoughts as they just pour out of you.

    ReplyDelete

Life is Beautiful 2016

Oh god, no statement is more real, more raw, more true. Life is truly so beautiful.  Whether it's at home cooking dinner with a gla...