Sunday, November 9, 2014

My Sisters, My Blessings


Not everyone is blessed with a sibling,  let alone three. And especially not sisters like mine. I consider myself lucky. Not only for having sisters, but for the relationship I share with each of them and the bond we all have. 

My sisters are my best friends.  I can tell them anything and know that they won't judge me, but try to understand and respect where my head is at.



Megan has the largest heart of anyone that I have ever known.  She feels everything so deeply. She's always looking to help in anyway she can. If that means buying a homeless man a burger and chasing him down to give it to him, or just smiling at every stranger she sees in hope that it will make their day a little brighter. She always tells me the bitter truth, no matter what and I love that. No matter what happens between us, I can always count on her.

Paige is wise beyond her years, and she's aware of it. But she doesn't let that stop her from still being a teenager.  She has a beautiful soul filled with independence and the lust for exploration.  I can't wait to see how she takes the world by storm and the woman she becomes.  She is always inspiring me to go after my dreams and aspirations and to never hold back.  I am so grateful for her and the way we can relate to each other on the level we do.

Hailey is still so young and innocent.  She doesn't know how the world is yet and that makes me happy that she still has the time to remain a kid. I'm glad that she has 3 older sisters who will show her the way as she grows, and who will teach her that she is her own person and that is what makes her beautiful.  That, and her unconditional love. 

My sisters are what matter most to me in this world. I know that with them by my side, we can handle anything the universe has to throw at us. And that is what makes all the struggles worthwhile. 

2 comments:

  1. OMG Mel!!!! We love you, and thank you for always being their for us!! Even when our lives are crazy, and we are the hardest to handle, your still their for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Mel!!!! We love you, and thank you for always being their for us!! Even when our lives are crazy, and we are the hardest to handle, your still their for us!!

    ReplyDelete

Life is Beautiful 2016

Oh god, no statement is more real, more raw, more true. Life is truly so beautiful.  Whether it's at home cooking dinner with a gla...