Thursday, August 27, 2015

Remember, You're Human

I'm trying to find who I am. Beneath the flesh and bone, beneath the self-doubt and insecurities. As I become more confident in my skin and in the person I am becoming, I am growing closer to the person I am meant to be.

But even now, I have days where I'm harder on myself than I deserve.

"You're feeling too much. You're overthinking it. You're being too nice."

The definition of too is a higher degree than is desirable, permissible, or possible; excessively. 

I read those words and immediately think why. Why is feeling "too" much, or being "too" nice viewed negatively? When did these become bad traits to possess?

They're not negative qualities, not in my book. They're what make me who I am. They are what set me apart from the rest. I'd rather do too much, be too much, feel too much. Always. Because who am I if I'm not too much? Just enough? Mediocre? I'm so much more than that. So much more.

I want less days where I am hard on myself. I want them to be few and far between, especially when it comes to characteristics that make me more of who I am. So, I'll stick to feeling everything, and being considered far too nice at times.

Because I am human. And I tend to forget that. While I'm trying to find out who I am beneath my skin, I need to remember that I'm still human, regardless of my search within.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is Beautiful 2016

Oh god, no statement is more real, more raw, more true. Life is truly so beautiful.  Whether it's at home cooking dinner with a gla...