Wednesday, October 22, 2014

It Starts With You

Looking back through all of my journal entries prior to this year, I have a number of mixed emotions. Pity, surprise, joy, disappointment, etc. Although, the most overwhelming emotion I have is how proud of myself I am.

I am so proud of the independent woman I have become. It was a change that I didn't realize was occurring, but that's the beauty of it. I know that I've come a long way; been through my fair share of life's difficulties. But I am not broken. I consist of many scratches, some cracks and even a few missing pieces, but I am still whole.

I came across a quote that fit this post so perfectly:

If that's not one of the truest things I've ever read, I don't know what is. It really does start with yourself. Most days, I don't give myself enough credit. So I have to continuously remind myself that, I don't need anyone to take care of me. I never really did.

No matter what anyone tells you, you don't need anyone to take care of you. That's what you have yourself for. If there's anyone you can fully depend on, it's you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is Beautiful 2016

Oh god, no statement is more real, more raw, more true. Life is truly so beautiful.  Whether it's at home cooking dinner with a gla...